Does microfiber work against scratching? Recently we found a good number of notes about microfiber and its magical anti-scratch effects… Does it really work? A miracle called microfiber?
Well, actually, cats may show different behaviours. Sometimes cats may seem too lazy or don’t like your couch so much for scratching. Of course, there are such moments or such cats but not always. Anyway, even a lazy cat needs to sharpen its nails. Especially for indoor cats our couches seem something alluring and stimulate them to scratch. So the soft and smooth microfiber designed to resist your cat’s claws and considered to be unattractive for cats will, certainly, be destroyed soon. If the cat wants to scratch it will scratch your microfiber couch and, in the end, tear it to pieces. Microfiber is not a solution for sure, at least not for all cats.
Microfiber couch cover
How many hours do our cats spend on our sofas? Uncountable, I would say. After jumping everywhere catching a mouse – or something that reminds that – they need to have a rest as shown in this image. After this, scratching comes like the spontaneous and natural thing.
Sofa with nice cat
Here are some tips for those who have cats or want to get and they want to be a little prepared for this new Cat Friendly experience. If you want a cat companion then be ready to change your daily routine and do some modifications at home to prepare it for your “flatmate”s arrival. Why a flatmate? Because when you adopt a cat it’s not just a cat it becomes someone equal to you if not more as it’s your cat who spends time with you and not you with it.
So, what or who can be considered Cat Friendly?
Cat Friendly is the one:
– who takes care about every detail at to make the house cat friendly and create a cat friendly environment
– who wakes up every day at 7 (even on weekends) just to feed cats on time, by that time his wife is waiting for coffee in bed…who cares? first cats!
– who shares his modest dinner with his best cat-friends
– who thinks about comforts of his/her cat before buying a sofa
– who doesn’t care if he goes to work all cat fur on clothes and on the laptop bag, etc.
– who greets the cats first when returning home
Cat Friendly means:
– First your cat /master of the house/ and then you
Now, enjoy your Cat Friendly day!